Armenian Cucumber Salad



I'm sadly regretting not having a garden this year :(  what was I thinking!  I was burned out .  .  .  Anyway, I'm happy going to our local Farmers Market and I hope you support yours also wherever you may be.  Last Saturday I purchased a few delicious Armenian Cucumbers from Dr. D and they are mild in flavor with a skin not tough as other cucumbers.  To my surprise I read that they are a rare find?  Not at the Farmers Market!  Doris said she makes spears or uses as a Bread and Butter pickle.  I've not tried that yet but did try this recipe I found here.  I purchased 4 of the above and used 1 below for this delicious salad.


Armenian Cucumber Salad

To start:

In a small pan combine and bring to a boil making sure all sugar is dissolved.

1/2 C Apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg)
1/4 C water
1 Tbsp sugar
1 small clove garlic (I used 2 med)

Remove from heat and added a good pinch of Kosher salt or 1/4 tsp stir and cool.
While cooling - In med - large bowl add the rest of the ingredients and toss together.

1 Armenian Cucumber sliced thin (about 2 C - little more)
1/4 C red bell sliced thin
2 Tbsp finely diced red onion
2 Tbsp finely diced yellow bell
1 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds (optional)

When dressing is cooled pour on as much or little onto the salad and toss to combine.  Serve right away or let set to improve flavor.

This salad went well with grilled boneless beef ribs marinaded with Raspberry & Roasted Chipotle Sauce from Kozlowki Farms.


Comments

Popular Posts