Masquerade Chili or is it Chili Masquerade!

In previous post on Leg of Lamb and not being a big fan - this is what I did with the leftover meat.  This recipe is very easy you dump in what you have in pantry on hand.  Or make a special to town and grab what you need.



You will need:

A leftover chunk of lamb roast , or meat of choice, cut in small chunks or pieces
Chorizo, I used 3/4 pound (I used local)
1 medium onion, diced
2-3 14.5oz cans of Fire Roasted Tomatoes (organic Muir Glen)
3 15oz cans of Chili Beans in sauce (Wild Oats organic)
1 15 oz can of organic red kidney beans (drained opt)
Chili powder (to taste)
1/2 Tbsp or so ground Cumin
Oregano (I threw in some dried maybe 1-2 tsp)

I cut up lamb in small pieces and sat aside.
In a pot I browned chorizo with diced onion and drained excess greased off.  Mostly I tilt pot up on one side and let it drain to other - then soak up with paper tower held with tongs.  (less clean-up)

Dump in tomatoes and seasonings (I used cumin, chili powder, oregano).  The chorizo is already seasoned of course and depending on the heat you want go from there.  (I also used a few cans of chili beans in sauce so it's to your taste).  Add to this your prepared leftover meat.  Let it cook together for a few minutes.

Next add all the beans of choice.  None of this is an exact science just throwing things together that you think will go and that you taste buds might be hungry for.  Let simmer to combine flavor - serve when you are ready!



Serve it up hot in a bowl with cheese.


And , don't forget the cornbread ~ Doesn't the sun look nice hitting that cornbread?  :)

Comments

Popular Posts