Grilled Chicken Breast & Kale Salad w Avocado Tahini Dressing


This Mother's Day meal was fit for a King!  Or Queen .  .  .  Me that is!  I couldn't decide which of the pictures I wanted to use so I posted all that I took - and I guess I could continue the theme from a previous post "Eat Safford" for this meal was a Safford!  Though not from any of the many same restaurants we seem to have.  :(  No kidding!   

The chicken breast was grilled.  First I rinsed and patted dry Open Nature skinless chickens breast (4 halves) drizzled it with Olive Oil and then I put on Key West Seafood Rub both purchased from Genevieve's Market.  I let chicken sit for about 30 minutes.  During which time I made dressing for my kale salad (all greens from the Farmers Market)  

I then got the grill going and cooked the chicken breasts till done.  They were awesome and perfect, not dry - delicious full of flavor.  My husband said it actually was the best I've made!  



The salad was made of kale, roman and broccoli.  I also sliced almonds (the best I could) to sprinkle on and mix in after I tossed with dressing.  The dressing used was located here.  (I'm hoping to try Jeanine Donofrio salad next - blogger of Love and Lemons).



Avocado Tahini Sauce

In a food processor place:

1 small or 1/2 of large avocado
1-1/2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 small garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil

Pulse together then add:

2 tbsp water
salt and pepper - to taste

In large bowl with greens - I used about 2 cups each kale and romaine sliced thin and about 1 cup - 1 and 1/2 sliced up broccoli flowers lengthwise.  Mixed half the dressing over greens and tossed through. Added almond slices and the rest of the dressing and served with my slices of chicken breast.  Very good and tangy dressing, a perfect lighter meal for warm weather.




Cheese Cake from the Cottage Bakery and decorated by me - drizzled with raspberry sauce and a few berries.  Yum!  We purchased the smaller cake Ruth made, the bigger cheesecake had been sold ~ :(




I enjoyed this meal and it went together pretty quick!  

Comments

Popular Posts