Grain Free Banana Bread ~ Paleo

I do make "goodies" but  .   .   .


I don't make "goodies" all the time, even though it seems like that's what I post most often.   It's easier ~
I've always worked at preparing the best that I can but frankly we do like our "goodies!" (everyone does).  Even better when it's a healthier choice over what you may typically purchase or make from a package. What I enjoy doing, is taking old recipes that you like and improving them using better / healthier ingredients.  Making meals or desserts from scratch is good, but not so good if you are using ingredients that your body has a hard time digesting.  Hence the onslaught of recent gut and other health issues.
I'm so happy with the choices that are more readily available for those with gluten, wheat and sometimes other grain intolerances.  Likewise "sugars," artificial or not, is a big problem as well.

As one trying to stand by her beliefs, eating is a very important part of that.  Realizing it can be arduous sometimes with shopping, preparation and all the other things with life you have going on - it is still doable, do what you can.   I believe what it says; that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19) which causes me to want to do better; the best I'm able.  Just changing from packaged processed food to making it from scratch would be one of the biggest improvements you could make with the most enjoyable rewards.   And, if you have kids let them get involved with the shopping and preparations, you may find they might not be as fussy!  If they are?  Then they're simply missing out on yummy foods that are good and better for them!

Improving how I make things by changing up and remaking recipes, or looking for better recipes out there is something I do continually, (time permitting).  One example why - I don't have a gluten, wheat or grain problem though sometimes I don't feel my best if I have to much.  I do have a problem with to much sugar refined or organic - sugar is sugar.  What I noticed over the years is that it creates sinus problems for me that have lead to sinusitis before.  So, I do watch my intake or might have something in moderation.  Sugar is a problem that's not just about gaining weight or obesity either.   However, you would think it was the only issue by how it gets out to the public.  Sadly. people don't realize that it could be the very thing that's keeping them from feeling their best.  Everyday people become very ill and treated for conditions that could be helped or possibly corrected just by changing their diets.  *I'm not saying cold turkey!  Simply as you run out of things try to replace it with something better for you.  And learn what's on the labels!  Read them!  That would be a wise choice to make, knowing what is really in your foods.

LOL call me long winded!  Apparently this was on my mind at the time - totally getting away from why I was posting!

The recipe I'm sharing is a delicious grain and refined sugar free.  It is closer tasting to a traditional banana bread that everyone loves.  I wished I could take credit but that goes to Erin who has the blog -  Meaning Full Eats!


Grain Free - Paleo Banana Bread

Ingredients

6 eggs
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup honey  (I used less, it was to sweet for me the first time I made it).
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup ripe, mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 (325 if you're using a dark or non-stick pan- I don't use these pans and set the oven at 350) and adjust the rack to the middle position. Grease a standard loaf pan I used coconut oil.
Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. (I do not have a food processor and mixed by hand in a medium - large bowl, you just want to make sure its well incorporated.
Bake for 40-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a rack and cool completely.

You can add nuts and such to this recipe.  

Optional Mix-ins: (to equal about 1 cup)

Chocolate Chips
Walnuts (I did the first time I made it - above picture)
Pecans
Blueberries
Coconut flakes


*When wanting to use better quality products as in much of the recipes I share can be costly when replacing what you are currently using.  So how I started was when I would have the money I would purchase something and started stocking up.  Coconut flour as an example you use way less than wheat flour.   By eating better "healthier;" you will find - as your intake is more nutritional your cravings will be fewer to none.  I still use wheat - but I use sprouted, organic or a non GMO flour if I can and don't use as much as one might think.  I do like King Arthur, One degree Organic sprouted (expensive but digestible), Arrowhead Mills, Bob's Red Mill - etc.  Many are out there I still want to try.  Getting back - it's totally about changing your diet and how you do things.  I've been doing this for many years - I know its doable - you have to want to.  Not always easy but doable.

I do make "goodies" but  .   .   .


I don't make "goodies" all the time, even though it seems like that's what I post most often.   It's easier ~   aka Rambling Vik lol

Comments

Popular Posts